The Connecticut Office of the Arts (COA) is committed to ensuring that arts venues as well as arts programs are truly inclusive and more accessible to everyone in our communities.
Toward that end, we compile and regularly update a listing of resources that can help others develop and implement plans that make both the creation — and the enjoyment — of the arts more accessible to those with disabilities. These resources are highlighted below.
Resources for Arts Organizations
The following resources are available for arts organizations as well as those planning and conducting arts experiences:
- Information and Technical Assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
- Brief Accessibility Checklist
- Arts and Humanities Accessibility Checklist
- Design for Accessibility Handbook
- Section 504 Self-Evaluation Workbook
You can find more resources specifically designed to assist artists with disabilities here.
For technical assistance on how to make your project fully accessible, contact the NEA’s Accessibility Office at (202) 682-5532 or (202) 682-5496 Voice/T.T.Y. or the Civil Rights Office at (202) 682-5454 or (202) 682-5695 Voice/T.T.Y.
For additional information or questions, contact: Tamara Dimitri at email@example.com.