Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) - Information for DDS Providers
The 114th United States Congress enacted the 21st Century Cures Act in December of 2016. Section 12006 of the law requires Electronic Visit Verification System (EVV) for personal care services and home health care services delivered under Medicaid state plan or waiver services. Personal care is defined as non-medical services that include supporting individuals with activities of daily living (ADL) and can include instrumental activities such as meal preparation, money management and shopping.
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is a telephonic and computer-based system that documents the precise visit times and services provided by your staff.
Who must participate in Electronic Visit Verification?
Agency Providers and direct hires who provide specific supports to Individuals who live in their own home, family home or Community Companion Home.
Who is exempt from EVV?
Individuals who reside in a 24- hour residential setting such as CLA, CRS or SNF are excluded from EVV - Guidance from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) notes that EVV requirements do not apply to congregate residential settings where 24-hour service is available (e.g., group homes) (CMS 2018a). This is because services are available round-the-clock. EVV requirements also do not apply to services provided at Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly sites (CMS 2018a).
WAIVER Services included in DDS Electronic Visit Verification
These services can take place in the individual’s home or the community.
- Adult Companion
- Sleep Assignment Adult Companion
- Blended Supports
- Individualized Day Support (IDN and IDV)
- Individualized Home Support
- Peer Support
- Personal Support
- Hourly Respite, in home
- Daily Respite, in home
- Senior Supports (Hourly)
- Clinical Behavioral Support (add date to be determined)
- IHS Group 1 staff 2 individuals (add date summer 2021)
- IHS Group 1 staff 3 individuals (add date summer 2021)
- DDS EVV Webinar memo 1-10-22
- New Provider Training Document EVV 81621
- Operation Center Memo FY22-04 EVV Missing Authorizations
- Operation Center Memo FY22-01 EVV Update 7-9-21
- Operations Center Memo 2021-14 EVV 3-24-21
- Operations Center memo 2021-12 EVV 3-10-21
- Operations Center Memo FY2021-04 EVV Update 10-27-20
- Overlap Provider EVV Training Introduction letter- September 2020
- New Provider EVV Training Introduction Letter - September 2020
- Operations Center Memo 2020-27 Provider EVV Initial Implementation Letter 7-10-20
- Operations Center Memo 2019-20 Electronic Visit Verification Update 4-18-19
- EVV to WRD Comparison Report Guide
- EVV Visits to WebResDay Attendance Doc 1-22-21
- Creating a Manual Call EVV
- Download and Log-in to SMC
- Reset Password EVV
- Reset Password SMC
- Sandata Electronic Visit Verification Manual 2020
- Sandata Mobile Connect Manual v5
- Searching for a Client EVV
- Start and Complete a Visit SMC
- Starting a Visit - Known Client
- New provider TVV Toolkit – English and Spanish, TVV
- Overlap provider TVV Toolkit – English and Spanish, TVV
- Service and Task List – English and Spanish
EVV Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)