Temporary Liquor Permits
Identify which permit type you will require:
- Print and complete the Temporary Liquor Permit application
- Create an 8 1/2" x 11" sketch of the event area that includes:
- Where alcoholic beverages will be dispensed
- The manner by which service to minors will be controlled
- Gather additional Required Documentation:
- For any Permittee who has been convicted of a felony include a statement that includes the date of the conviction(s), the court(s) where the case(s) were disposed of and a description of the circumstances involved.
- For any charity that does not have a Federal Tax Identification Number include a copy of the tax identification letter.
- Bring the application, sketch and any other documentation to city/town hall in the town the event is being held and get signatures of the:
- City/Town Zoning Official Indicating that the sale of alcohol is allowed at that location.
- Fire Marshal Certifying that the event complies with the local fire code (only required if the event is held indoors or in a tent)
- City/Town Hall Clerk Certifying that the event complies with town ordinances.
- Principal Police Authority for the town indicating their approval of the event.
- Bring all of the above to Police Authority in the city/town where the Permittee resides (this may be the same police authority in the prior step). This authority indicates the suitability of the Permittee.
- Scan the signed application, sketch and additional documentation (if you do not have a scanner you may substitute clear, readable digital photographs)
- Go online (click the Apply Online Button) and complete the online application. Upload the scanned application, sketch and documents when asked.
Please Note: If your event is going to be taking place within one week of your submittal, you must complete the online application.
- Speed: Electronic communications makes the online application fastest.
- More Speed: The work you do is recognized by handling online applications first.
- Even More Speed: Online applications prompt you to include all required information so errors and delays are reduced.
- The Fastest Way to Get Your Permit: When done, we email the permit to you. No more snail mail or coming to Hartford.