Real Estate Salesperson - Initial/Exam
Click on the link for a list of approved courses: http://www.ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?a=1629&q=443834
60 classroom hours of Real Estate Principles and Practices.
Broker sponsorship is not required to take the examination.
Completed application available through PSI.
Course certificate submitted directly to PSI.
All candidates for the Salesperson examinations must be pre-approved by PSI BEFORE you can register to take your salesperson examination.
Upon approval by PSI, you will be sent an Examination Eligibility Postcard, including instructions for scheduling the examination.
Please be aware of the following prior to submitting your application to PSI:
- You may take the examination on an unlimited basis for up to one year from the date of eligibility.
- You must pass both portions of the examination within one (1) year of eligibility.
- If you do not pass both portions within one year, you must reapply with the PSI.
- After you pass both portions of the examination, within the one year of eligibility, you have 2 years from the date of the most recently passed portion to activate your license.
- To activate the license, you and your CT licensed broker must sign the PSI score report forms and return them to this office with the license fee of $305.00.
- All real estate salesperson licenses expire annually on May 31st. All new licenses activated March 1st – May 31st will be given an expiration date of May 31st of the next year.
Application & Forms:
Download the Candidate Information Bulletin for the application forms and all necessary exam information.
- Application Fee (paid to PSI): $80.00
Exam Fees: please see the Candidate Information Bulletin. All fees are non-refundable
Renewal and CE Information: