Real Estate Salesperson - Initial/Exam
Click on the link for a list of approved courses: http://www.ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?a=1629&q=443834
60 classroom hours of Real Estate Principles and Practices
Broker sponsorship is not required to take the examination
Completed notarized application available through PSI
Course certificate submitted directly to PSI
Applications, Forms & Other:
All candidates for the Salesperson examinations must be pre approved by PSI BEFORE you can register to take your salesperson examination.
Upon approval by PSI, you will be sent an Examination Eligibility Postcard, including instructions for scheduling the examination.
Please be aware of the following prior to submitting your application to PSI:
- You may take the examination on an unlimited basis for up to one year from the date of eligibility.
- You must pass both portions of the examination within one (1) year of eligibility.
- If you do not pass both portions within one year, you must reapply with the PSI.
- After you pass both portions of the examination, within the one year of eligibility, you have 2 years from the date of the most recently passed portion to activate your license.
- All real estate salesperson licenses expire annually on May 31st. All new licenses activated March 1st – May 31st will be given an expiration date of May 31st of the next year.
This link will take you to the PSI web page. Click on "Government/State Licensing Agencies"; CT Real Estate; and then click "Download Candidate Information Bulletin" for the application forms and all necessary information.
Varies - see PSI website. All fees are non-refundable