Pharmaceutical Marketing Firm RegistrationSections 3 through 6 of Public Act 23-171 require pharmaceutical manufacturers that employ pharmaceutical sales representatives to register with the Department of Consumer Protection. The law is effective October 1, 2023.
This registration is required for any pharmaceutical manufacturer that employs an individual to perform the duties of a pharmaceutical sales representative. For the purposes of this registration, a pharmaceutical sales representative is a person who markets, promotes or provides information regarding a legend drug for human use to a prescribing practitioner (physician, APRN, physician assistant, etc.) and is employed or compensated by a pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Online application (below)
- List of the pharmaceutical manufacturer's pharmaceutical sales representatives
- Information from the Food and Drug Administration
Application Forms and Other
- Initial Application Fee: $150
- Renewal Fee: $150 (Late Fee: $100)
This registration expires annually on June 30th.
Renewals for this registration will require the following information from the previous calendar year:
- Aggregate number of contacts a pharmaceutical sales representative had with a prescribing practitioner;
- Specialty of each prescribing practitioner and pharmacist with whom such pharmaceutical sales representative made contact;
- Whether product samples, materials or gifts of any value were provided to a prescribing practitioner or such practitioner’s staff in a prescribing practitioner’s office or to a pharmacist;
- Aggregate report of all free samples, by drug name and strength, in a form and manner prescribed by the commissioner.
Note: More information will be posted to this page regarding the submission of the above information in the coming months.