Close-Out Sales

A close-out sale or going out of business sale includes all sales advertised, represented or held as selling out, liquidating or liquidation, lost our lease, forced to vacate, moving to new location, or any other similar description. It is not the same as a bankruptcy sale.
Both the business owner and the promoter of a closing out sale must obtain a Closing Out Sale License from the Department of Consumer Protection.
The business must also file with the Department of Consumer Protection an inventory of all goods on hand.A business may request a license for up to 90 days. (No extensions.) A local license or permit from the municipality may also be required. 
For more information, visit the links below to view the applications, or contact the Department of Consumer Protection at 860-713-6100.