Refund and Exchange Basics
In Connecticut, sellers can set any refund or exchange policies they choose, provided that they post the policy in a conspicuous place for customers to see.
If there is no notice posted, you may, within seven calendar days, return any new, unused item to the store with a proof of purchase, and get a cash refund on a cash sale, or a credit to your charge account on a credit card sale.
Under the law, you are not entitled to a refund on:
- Perishable items, including live plants
- Custom-ordered or custom-made items
- Items that were sold “as is” or as a “final sale”
- Items with no proof of purchase
- Used items
- Items which by law can not be resold, such as mattresses