Notices to P&C Insurers and Producers
- August 7, 2020 – (New) Tropical Storm ISAIAS – Guidance Concerning Suspension of Premium Payments Under Bulletin IC-31
- August 5, 2020 – (New) Notice to Property & Casualty Insurers regarding Homeowner Hurricane Deductibles in wake of Tropical Storm ISAIAS
- July 13, 2020 – Notice to Property & Casualty Insurers Regarding Personal Lines Homeowners. Click here for the Personal Lines Homeowners Form Review Standards
- 03/11/2020 – Notice to All Travelers and Travel Insurers: Trip Cancellations During Governor Lamont’s Coronavirus Covid-19 Emergency Declaration
- 02/18/2020 – Reminder to Property & Casualty Companies of the following reports which are due under statute: Professional Liability Business in Connecticut and Automobile liability policy information.
- 07/11/2019 – Healthy Homes Fund Annual Report And Remittance
- 08/31/2018 – Notice concerning Public Act 18-105: “An Act Concerning Law and Ordinance Coverage”
- 06/28/2017 – Notice of Reminder to Property & Casualty Companies Writing Professional Liability Business in Connecticut
- 03/11/2015 – Application of the ISO/PCS catastrophe codes 66, 67 and 68 for winter storm damage
- Notice to all Connecticut Surplus Lines Brokers of the rules governing the placement of risks in non-admitted/surplus lines markets
- Notice to all Connecticut Insurance Producers selling or offering for sale homeowners insurance in Connecticut that some insurance companies may be improperly directing Connecticut Insurance Producers to not submit and/or refuse to quote homeowners business for residential properties located in coastal areas of the State of Connecticut
- Notice to all Insurers Writing Homeowners Insurance in Connecticut that some companies licensed to write homeowners insurance in the State of Connecticut may be improperly taking action to refuse to insure, nonrenew and/or cancel policyholders, particularly those located in coastal communities
- Notice: (3/7/05) Companies writing "professional liability" insurance are reminded that they need to comply with the reporting requirements under Connecticut General Statutes Section 38a-393.
In accordance with Connecticut General Statute 38a-393 (a) Each insurance company doing business in this state shall, annually on or before the first day of March, render to the Insurance Commissioner a true record of the number, according to classification, of cancellations of and refusals to renew professional liability insurance policies for the year ending on the thirty-first day of December next preceding. (b) Professional liability insurance means professional liability contracts for: (1) Physicians and Surgeons, (2) hospitals, (3) lawyers, (4) dentist, (5) architects and engineers, (6) chiropractors, (7) licensed naturopaths, (8) advanced practice nurses.
- Underwriting Standards for Members of the Armed Services Returning from Active Duty