|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 25, 2021
CONTACT: Jim Carson, Communications Director
Connecticut Insurance Department to Host Conference on
Climate Change and Insurance (C4I)
October 13 and 14, 2021 - A Virtual Event
The Connecticut Insurance Department and some of our nation’s foremost experts on climate change, resiliency, mitigation and adaptation, are leading a discussion on what the insurance industry should consider to mitigate and adapt.
On October 13 and 14, the Department is hosting The Connecticut Conference on Climate Change and Insurance (C4I), a series of virtual presentations that will highlight the latest climate science, private sector best practices, and regulatory environments related to climate change (ct.gov/CIDClimateConference).
“We’re bringing together a national audience of climate, insurance industry, government, advocates, and private sector professionals, to explore how climate change impacts our communities, regulatory efforts, and businesses,” said Commissioner Andrew N. Mais. “We want our participants to have a window into the significant, current climate change work - from international institutions, federal efforts, and insurers.”
Panel topics include:
- Social Justice and Climate Change
- Asset Management and The Impact of Climate Change
- Underwriting Practices
- Paying for Resilience
For more information, to stay up to date and to register for the event, visit: ct.gov/CIDClimateConference
About the Connecticut Insurance Department: The mission of the Connecticut Insurance Department is to protect consumers through regulation of the industry, outreach, education and advocacy.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube