|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 14, 2020
CONTACT: Jim Carson, Communications Director
INSURANCE DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR PAUL LOMBARDO
RECEIVES NATIONAL AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING SERVICE
Connecticut Insurance Department Commissioner Andrew N. Mais is pleased to announce that Paul Lombardo, Life & Health Division Director has been awarded the prestigious Robert Dineen Award by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). The award is the highest and most prestigious given to state insurance regulators.
“Paul has been integral not just to CID’s success, but to state insurance regulation in general, selflessly sharing his time and talent to help address some of the thorniest issues facing us as regulators,” said Commissioner Andrew Mais. “While we will always be in his debt, this award is one way of saying thank you.”
At its Fall National Meeting, the NAIC formally recognized Lombardo of Berlin, CT, and two other state regulators who have made significant contributions to state-based insurance regulation.
The Robert Dineen Award established in June of 1989 is given to a state regulator for outstanding service and contributions and is named in honor of the founder of the NAIC’s Support and Services Office.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube