|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 14, 2020
CONTACT: Jim Carson, Communications Director
Fenhua Liu Named Captive Insurance Division Director
Connecticut Insurance Department Commissioner Andrew N. Mais named Fenhua Liu the new Director of the Department’s Captive Insurance Division.
“Fenhua Liu has more than 25 years of broad global experience in insurance and risk management and that will serve us well as we continue to see captive insurance growth,” said Commissioner Mais. “As one of the top domiciles in the U.S. in premium dollars in 2019, Connecticut has a portfolio with a number of large captives. The Department is working to make Connecticut the domicile of choice for captive insurance companies.
The Captive Insurance Division licenses, regulates and examines captive insurers and risk retention groups in the alternative risk market for the State of Connecticut. The alternative risk insurance market refers to several risk funding techniques, such as self-insurance, paid loss plans, insurance purchasing groups, and risk retention groups that are outside the scope of that provided by most traditional Property & Casualty or Life & Health insurers.
About the Connecticut Insurance Department: The mission of the Connecticut Insurance Department is to protect consumers through regulation of the industry, outreach, education and advocacy.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube