|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 20, 2019
CONTACT: Jim Carson, 860-297-3958
“This is a message for the more than 368,000 Connecticut consumers who rely on health insurance provided under the Affordable Care Act (ACA): Your coverage remains in place and nothing has changed despite a recent court ruling.
Coverage under the ACA is offered either through Access Health CT or the Husky Medicaid expansion. Nothing has changed to either program as a result of this ruling of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals striking down the ACA’s “individual mandate” as unconstitutional.
Nevertheless, in the face of ongoing attempts to overturn the ACA, this administration under the leadership of Governor Ned Lamont and Lt. Governor Susan Bysiewicz will continue to fight to ensure every Connecticut citizen has access to affordable health care.
Access Health CT has extended its Open Enrollment period until January 15, 2020, and I urge citizens still looking for health insurance for next year to take advantage of this opportunity.”
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube