|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 4, 2019
CONTACT: Jim Carson, 860-297-3958
Connecticut Insurance Department (CID) Commissioner Andrew N. Mais chaired the initial meeting of the Department’s recently formed Advisory Council on Technology.
The Advisory Council on Technology was created to share information important to consumers and other stakeholders, including; the industry, regulators, technology companies, and InsurTechs which will shape the future of how insurance will be managed and marketed to consumers.
“Technology advances, as evidenced in the growing InsurTech world, are changing the insurance landscape in many ways,” said Insurance Commissioner Andrew N. Mais. “As regulators, it is important that the Connecticut Insurance Department closely collaborates with all stakeholders and InsurTech startups to both support the growth of innovation and to protect consumers which is the center of all regulatory activity.”
“This council will play a central role in offering actionable steps that impact how companies can evolve with new technology, interact with consumers and serve their customers,” Mais said.
An additional advisory council on insurance regulation will have their first meeting on December 12th.
These councils align with Governor Lamont’s efforts to support businesses and consumers. The Insurance Department is working to be both a facilitator with industry and innovative startups that support Governor Lamont’s efforts to streamline and reengineer how state government serves Connecticut’s taxpayers.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube