Press Releases – July 12, 2019
On Health Insurance Rate Filings for 2020
“The Connecticut Insurance Department has received 14 rate filings from 10 health insurers for plans that will be marketed in the individual and small group market, both on and off the state-sponsored exchange, Access Health CT. Without the approximately 3 percentage point increase resulting from the recently reinstated federally mandated health insurer tax, the proposed increases are lower than last year’s. In addition to the federal tax, ongoing rising cost of health care is a key driver of health insurance premium rate increase requests.
Regardless of the uncertainties surrounding the legal challenges to the Affordable Care Act, health plans licensed by the DOI cannot apply pre-existing conditions and must include all of the Essential Health Benefits.”
Click here for: Rate Chart and Rate Filings
For help with all your insurance issues:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube