Press Releases - April 3, 2018
As New Life and Health Director
Insurance Commissioner Katharine L. Wade today announced that longtime Department insurance actuary Paul Lombardo has been named the new director of the Life & Health Division.
“Paul has done exceptional work for the Department on behalf of consumers. He has demonstrated solid leadership and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across divisions and with the many groups outside the Department, including the Administration, the federal government, lawmakers, advocates and the industry,” the Commissioner said. “Paul has gained the respect of all those with whom he has worked.”
The Life & Health division reviews licensed health insurers’ group and individual life, health and annuity insurance contracts for compliance with state laws and regulations before they can be marketed in Connecticut. The division also conducts actuarial reviews on rate filings for HMO products, individual and small group health policies, group and individual long term care and Medicare supplement insurance.
Lombardo has been with the Insurance Department for more than 21 years and replaces former Director Mary Ellen Breault, who recently retired. Lombardo earned a degree in actuarial science from the University of Connecticut. He is an Associate of the Society of Actuaries and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube