To Take Time Today to Plan for Retirement Tomorrow
Want to retire on your own terms? There’s no better time to start than right now and the Connecticut Insurance Department has partnered with the National Retirement Planning Coalition this week to provide resources to help you grow that nest egg.
“Planning for the future can be a daunting task, particularly with all the pressures of daily life, but taking the time now to focus on your financial future is one of the most important things you can do,” Commissioner Wade said. “The Department is helping to promote National Retirement Planning Week by providing the facts and helpful resources to get you on your way.”
According to the Coalition:
- 55 percent of Baby Boomers have saved for retirement
- 25 percent of Baby Boomers expect to receive income from a pension
- 73 percent of Generation X have saved less than $150,000
“Be proactive and review your finances and we encourage you to take advantage of these helpful resources, not only this week but year-round,” Commissioner Wade said. “The Insurance Department is here to help with your questions or concerns.”
The Coalition comprises financial education, consumer advocate and financial services organizations and recognizes the need to educate Americans on retirement planning. For more information and to access retirement planning tools and related resources go to: www.retireonyourterms.org
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube