Extend Deadline for Carrier Determinations
whether to participate in the Exchange in 2018
As a way for Access Health CT to be ready for the upcoming open enrollment on November 1, 2017; the organization requires final carrier decisions by September 15, 2017. In order to give the Connecticut Insurance Department more time to make its rate determinations, due to the uncertainty in Washington regarding funding for Cost Sharing Reductions (CSRs) which provide financial assistance for consumers, this date allows carriers to make a decision about participation for 2018.
“The Department will make final rate determinations in advance of September 15. We appreciate Access Health CT’s willingness to work with us to provide the maximum flexibility to make rate determinations,” said Commissioner Katharine L. Wade. “This extension gives Access Health CT and our customers a better understanding of what to expect and when,” said AHCT CEO Jim Wadleigh. “It provides the carriers with the time they need to decide if they’ll offer plans for 2018 and allows our organization to prepare the best way possible for the upcoming open enrollment period, which begins on November 1, 2017.”
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube