Press Releases - April 20, 2017
Provides Greater Efficiencies for Agents & Brokers
Insurance Commissioner Katharine L. Wade today announced that the Department has launched a new licensing web site, designed to improve customer service for the nearly 200,000 agents, brokers, adjusters and other licensees who conduct business with the Department.
The new easy-to-navigate licensing site features online tools that allow licensees to apply, renew, update and print a license, find continuing education classes and get all the latest news from the Department’s Licensing Division.
“We are pleased to provide this latest enhancement for the tens of thousands of industry professionals who interact with the Department on a daily basis,” Commissioner Wade said. “We continue to strive for more regulatory efficiencies so that doing business with the state of Connecticut is more user-friendly. This new licensing site is another example of how we are accomplishing that.”
Other recent regulatory enhancements at the Department include:
- Online renewal notices for casualty adjusters and motor vehicle property damage appraisers has saved $40,000 in processing and mailing costs.
- An online pay portal for licensees that expedites revenue collection for the General Fund.
- New licensing phone system automatically routes caller to the proper subject matter expert.
- An online electronic application for all out-of-state (foreign) carriers seeking to do business in Connecticut through the Uniform Certificate of Authority Application. This includes applications for expansion and corporate amendments.
- Turnaround time for product reviews in both Life & Health and Property & Casualty have greatly improved as a result of the CID’s LEAN processes.
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube