Press Releases - November 18, 2016
Expedites Transactions for Licensees
And Bail Bonds Annual Assessments
Insurance Commissioner Katharine L. Wade today announced the roll-out of a new online pay portal that offers convenient and fast financial transactions for the thousands of licensees who conduct business daily with the Department.
“We are very pleased to offer this business-friendly tool, a direct result of the LEAN processes we have adopted to achieve greater regulatory efficiency,” Commissioner Wade said. “The new credit card portal significantly reduces the turnaround time for certain financial transactions, eliminates inefficient paper processing and postage costs, frees up staff for other duties and enhances the interactions our licensees have with their regulators.”
- All producer requests for letters of certification and clearance letters will be processed through the portal and the $26 fee can be paid by credit card. The portal reduces the turnaround time from 10 business days to three business days.
- The annual $450 assessment for licensed bail bondsmen, which is due January 31, 2017, will now be processed solely through the portal.
- Checks will no longer be accepted for these functions.
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube