Press Releases - January 26, 2016
Connecticut Captive Insurance Regulatory Unit
Insurance Commissioner Katharine L. Wade has announced that Janet Grace, a veteran risk specialist with more than 20 years of experience, is overseeing the Department’s Captive Insurance Unit.
Janet is a proven leader and widely respected for her expertise,” Commissioner Wade said. “As the interest in Connecticut captives continues to grow, Janet’s knowledge of the industry and her creative and consultative approach are the perfect combination for companies seeking to domicile their captives in the state.
A former consultant for Towers Watson, Grace has done extensive work in risk identification and coverage analysis, business process redesign, risk financing, strategic business planning, underwriting and reinsurance. She also spent 20 years with The Hartford where she was a senior account executive and underwrote business in a number of core units, including risk management.
“Captives provide outstanding opportunities for firms of all disciplines and sizes looking to manage their costs and the Connecticut captive unit is there to help them every step of the way,” Grace said. “Our consultative approach helps firms explore what works best for their strategic risk management and as a result we are attracting businesses both inside and outside Connecticut.”
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube