Press Releases - August 23, 2017
To Submit Supplemental Rate Filings
As the Insurance Department continues its actuarial review of health insurance rate filings for the 2018 coverage year, the long-term funding of Cost Sharing Reduction (CSR) payments to provide financial assistance for consumers has created market uncertainty. As a result, the Department is asking exchange carriers – Anthem and ConnectiCare Benefits, Inc. – to submit a supplemental filing that contemplates the absence of CSR payments for 2018 and to apply that impact only on Silver exchange plans.
“The Department has not made a final determination on rates for 2018. This supplemental filing will give the Department maximum flexibility in making final determinations for health insurance rates on the exchange within the tight time limits and have rates set for open enrollment in November,” Commissioner Katharine L. Wade said.
This supplemental filing is for the CSR issue only. Carriers are not permitted to make changes to any other factors in their existing filings. The supplemental filings must be submitted to the Department by the close of business on Wednesday, August 30.
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube