Disaster Preparedness and Recovery - Hurricane Season
Connecticut is at risk for many types of disasters including catastrophic weather and health pandemics. The Connecticut Insurance Department (CID) offers resources year round to help you prepare for the worst and recover as quickly as possible. In the event of a disaster, the CID will:
- Keep you in touch with your insurer
- Work with state and federal emergency personnel to quickly get insurers to damaged areas
- Expedite the claims process to help you recover your losses, rebuild your life and livelihood
Summer/Fall: Atlantic Hurricane Season - June 1 to November 30
The Atlantic Hurricane season officially arrives June 1. It is essential to be prepared when it comes to protecting property and making sure you are adequately insured and understand your coverage. The resources on this page can help homeowners prepare and safeguard property.
Tropical Storm Information for Consumers
Need help with your insurance issues?
Or Toll Free Number: 800-203-3447
What's the Risk In Connecticut
- CT has $675 billion worth of property insured on its coastline, 6th highest of Atlantic and Gulf states
- The value of CT insured coastal property is 66 percent of all insured property in the state, 2nd behind FL
Did you know...?
- Flooding is not covered by standard homeowner's insurance
- Flood insurance is available through the National Flood Insurance Program
- To learn more about flood insurance and how to acquire it: visit www.floodsmart.gov
- 211 Infoline
- American Red Cross - CT
- Consumer's Guide to Earthquake Insurance
- CT Prepares APP
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Homeowner Insurance FAQs
- Home Inventory
- Insurance & Disaster Checklist for Business
- Insure U
- National Flood Insurance Program
- National Hurricane Center
- Resiliency Plans for Businesses
- State Emergency Services
Remember when disaster strikes: Contact the CID if you have difficulty reaching your insurer, have a claims dispute or have questions on any insurance-related topic. By phone: 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900 or use our online options.