Title Agent (Not available in Connecticut)


An insurance policy that covers the loss of ownership interest in a property due to legal defects and is required if the property is under mortgage. The most common type of title insurance is a lender's title insurance, which is paid for by the borrower but protects only the lender.

Applicable Statutes

C.G.S. §38a-402 – see Laws and Regulations

Important Information

NOTE: CID does not license title agents. Only CT licensed attorneys are eligible to write Title Insurance.