What is an Adjuster?
ADJUSTER - A person who investigates, negotiates and settles losses for an insurance carrier. They must establish the how, when, where and why during the investigation of the insured’s claim. They represent the insurance company and acting for the company in working on agreements as to the amount of a loss and the liability of the company in same. They must establish the worth and value of the claim in the evaluation and, ultimately, they must authorize payment, negotiate an agreement or reject the claim.
CASUALTY ADJUSTER – Casualty Adjuster means any person who or which acts as an adjuster of insurance claims, other than life, accident & health, and fire and extended in the general practice of law are exempted. (REF: CGS §38a-792)
CASUALTY ADJUSTER EDUCATION - Connecticut does NOT require pre-licensing education. You may want to use the following three study guides to prepare for your exam:
- AE21 Incorporated
Online interactive (learn at your own pace) courses designed to address the needs of both entry-level and experienced adjusters seeking licensure. Courses cover the following CT Adjuster State Exams:
All courses include a printable study guide, exam tips & strategies and unlimited practice exams to fully prepare students to PASS the State Licensing Exam.
- Casualty Adjuster’s All Lines Insurance (Series 18-09)
- Casualty Adjuster’s All Lines Except Workers Compensation (Series 18-10)
- Casualty Adjuster’s Auto Insurance Only (Series 18-12)
- Securities Training Corp.
(800) 782-2678 ext. 209
You may order the Connecticut Casualty Claim Adjuster textbook online or by phone.
Item Id: 2728843 – Connecticut Casualty Claim Adjuster
- This textbook covers CT state exam codes 07 (All Lines); 08 (All Lines except Workers’ Compensation); and 10 (Auto only).
- This textbook includes the appropriate state law and numerous quizzes and sample examination questions through the text.
- Insurance Schools, Inc
-Information Booklet also has helpful information.
Once you have passed your exam, you can apply for the license by going to our website at www.ct.gov/cid
, select Online Licensing Application System located under Licensee Information. The Casualty Claims Adjuster application fee is $130.00.