Provider Information - 12/01/2016
HealthyCT To Move Into Liquidation; Claims Will Be Paid
The Connecticut Insurance Commissioner as Rehabilitator of HealthyCT has determined that efforts to rehabilitate HealthyCT have been unsuccessful and the company will be moving into liquidation.
Filing a petition for liquidation is anticipated to occur in early December. An order to liquidate the company is being requested to be effective at 11:59 p.m., December 31, 2016.
Once the liquidation order is effective, the Connecticut Life & Health Insurance Guaranty Association will fund eligible healthcare claims, in accordance with its governing statutes.
The Insurance Commissioner of Connecticut wants providers to know:
- You should continue to provide healthcare services without interruption to HealthyCT members.
- You will be paid for covered services delivered to HealthyCT members per your contract. Claims will be processed as usual.
- You should continue to submit claims for services as usual.
Under Connecticut law, covered medical and pharmacy claims paid subsequent to the effective date of the liquidation order will be funded by the Connecticut Life & Health Insurance Guaranty Association up to a maximum of $500,000 per member.
During this time of transition and your continued provision of services to HealthyCT enrollees, it’s important to check each HealthyCT member’s eligibility using one of these options:
- Use the HealthyCT secure Provider website to find answers 24/7.
- Log on and enter the ID number, or find an ID number using the patient’s name and date of birth.
- Contact HealthyCT’s Provider Services.
- Call Provider Services at 1-855-208-1641 between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Coverage Termination Notice
An official notice will be mailed to you soon notifying you that your group health policy will be terminated January 31, 2017. In order to have coverage in January 2017, you must pay the premium due for January.
The Connecticut Insurance Department and HealthyCT’s websites will have additional information and answers to frequently asked questions.
We appreciate your patience and continued service as we work with you to process your claims and serve HealthyCT members.
For more information:
Phone: 860-297-3900 or 800-203-3447