CONSUMER ALERT – May 7, 2021
American Rescue Plan Act of 2021: Financial Savings Coming for
Connecticut Residents on Access Health CT Plans
Many more individuals and families in Connecticut will now qualify for financial help to make health insurance plans more affordable. A new federal law passed in March 2021, the American Rescue Plan Act, changed the way Access Health CT calculates financial help for their customers for this year and for 2022, and may significantly lower the cost of health insurance for many.
As a result of this new federal law, Access Health CT opened a Special Enrollment Period from May 1 – August 15, 2021 for the uninsured, underinsured, or anyone who would like to take advantage of newly available financial help. This Special Enrollment Period includes Stand-Alone Dental Plans.
The new law allows for:
- More people than ever before to qualify for help paying for health coverage, even those who weren’t eligible in the past.
- Most people currently enrolled in a Marketplace plan will qualify for higher tax credit amounts and thus lower payments.
- Your portion of health insurance premiums after these new savings will go down if you qualify. While this law is in place, eligible individuals and households will pay no more than 8.5% of their household income towards the cost of the second lowest silver plan, or a less expensive plan.
- Individuals on unemployment compensation may be able to receive another increase in premium tax credit amounts in July 2021. Individual taxpayers who receive Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits at any time in 2021, will be eligible for a nearly $0 premium second lowest silver plan with comprehensive cost sharing subsidies this year.
- Current plan members having the option to change plans. To review your plan options and change your current plan, you must contact the Access Health CT Call Center and your health plan. The call center can be reached at 1-855-805-4325 and is open Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Live Chat with a representative is available at AccessHealthCT.com.
More information is available on Access Health CT.