Connecticut Insurance Internship Program
The Connecticut Insurance Department will provide, on a competitive basis, intern positions for graduate and undergraduate students within the Fall and Spring terms as well as the summer. Individuals selected for these positions will gain incomparable professional experience while engaging in hands-on projects that are directly related to their field of study. Internships are unpaid, but can be structured to meet course credit requirements.
Students interested in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Consumer Affairs and Outreach
- Financial Studies
- Fraud & Investigations
Eligibility and Requirements
- Be enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning.
- An Insurance Department representative must interview all interns.
- Students must arrange to receive credits by consulting with their college advisers and Internship Coordinator.
Selection and Placement
Selection will be made by the Division Director of the division where the placement is to be made.
A workable and mutually beneficial relationship between the student, their institution, and the supervisor/Division Director is a major goal of the internship program. Every effort will be made to affect a match that is satisfactory to both parties. All internships are unpaid.
If you are interested in an internship program, please submit:
- A cover letter
- Letter from adviser that includes criteria Department must provide to satisfy school requirements
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: 860-622-2808
- mailing address:
Connecticut Insurance Department
ATTN.: Victoria Cruse, Human Resources Generalist
Hartford, CT 06142-0816
Should you have any questions on the program, please contact Victoria Cruse, Human Resources Generalist 2 email@example.com