CT Fire Service Summit - Save the Date
SAVE THE DATE
CT Fire 2025 Fire Service Summit
Date: May 14-15
Time: 0800 – 1600
Location: Connecticut Fire Academy
Background: Over the past two years, fire service leaders have grappled with the overwhelming fiscal, organizational, staffing and service challenges of the Connecticut Fire Service. This process included six regional meetings, a statewide fire service survey, meetings with key stakeholders as well as input from the Connecticut Legislature’s Fire/EMS Caucus, the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities and the Connecticut Council of Small Towns. This has led to the identification of nine major options for sustaining Fire Service in all Connecticut Cities and Towns.
- Regionalization: Consolidation and Mergers
- Regionalization: Shared Administrative Services
- Regionalization: Consulting Services
- Health Wellness and Fitness
- Data Collection and Data Management
- All Hazards Response Teams
- Service/Response Hubs
- Coordinated Purchasing Plan and Standardized Equipment Purchasing
Summit Process: One hundred Fire Service Leaders from across the State selected by the major Connecticut Fire Service Organizations will meet in workshops over the two-day summit. The following organizations will be asked to designate critical thinkers, thought leaders and positive influencers to attend and actively participate in the development of options and models.
- Regional ESF 4 Chairpersons
- Regional Fire Coordinators
- Regional School Directors
- Connecticut Fire Academy
- Summit Committee
- CT Commission on Fire Prevention and Control
- Connecticut Fire EMS Caucus Co Chairs
- Connecticut State Fireman’s Association
- Connecticut Chiefs Association
- Career Fire Chiefs
- Fire Marshals
- Fire Mechanics
- Fire Instructors
This process is intended to create Options and Models for local fire departments, groups of departments and regions to pursue. The goal is to provide pathways for sustainable Fire Services in all Connecticut Communities. It is not intended to mandate or require any department to participate or adopt any of the outcomes of this process.
Updates on the Ct Fire Service 2025 Summit will be disseminated through the Fire Service Organizations and the CFPC List Serve.