OSHA Compliance Training
Business and Industry
Business and Industry
At the Connecticut Fire Academy, we understand the training requirements of business and industry. As a business partner we sit on your side of the table to help you design, deliver and document safe, effective and efficient training that meets your organization's compliance goals.
Our Training Complex
The Connecticut Fire Academy opened its doors in February, 1994. The 15-acre complex includes an administration building with 14 state-of-the-art classrooms, a 98-seat capacity auditorium and a cafeteria. Dormitory space on the second floor offers single-room/private bath accommodations for up to 43 individuals.
The training grounds include a three-story burn building for structural fire and SCBA training, a five-story tower for rescue evaluations, and environmentally-safe outside burning stations to simulate motor vehicle fires, aircraft fires, an industrial paint booth and a tanker truck rollover hazardous materials emergency.
A growing number of organizations, institutions and associations rely on the Connecticut Fire Academy for their ongoing employee training.
In our first year, more than 1,200 individuals from companies located as far south as Washington, D.C. and as far north as Portland, Maine experienced training at its best in this one-of-a-kind-facility.
Our business and industry customers have access to the services of more than 160 certified instructors. All have "hands-on" experience as firefighters and many are employed in business and industry throughout Connecticut and its neighboring states.
When you request a training course, we match your needs to the talents and experiences of our instructors. The result: training that will help your employees meet today's compliance requirements and retain critical information for tomorrow.
Our Flexible Course Schedules
The Connecticut Fire Academy works with businesses and industrial organizations to schedule training at the convenience of the employer.
Courses can be conducted at any time of the day or night to meet multiple-shift employee populations; full day programs can be delivered in two half-day sessions, and multiple-day courses can be conducted in a one-day -per-week format.
Overnight accommodations can be arranged for students.
Our Consulting Services
For organizations seeking to establish ongoing training in the full range of compliance area, the Connecticut Fire Academy staff offers consulting services designed to meet individual and organizational goals for initial and refresher training.
Assistance includes program customization, curriculum planning, scheduling to accommodate multi-shift workers and record keeping to meet required training for continually changing workforces.
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Confined Space Rescue
- Electrical Safety
- Emergency Response to Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Facility Evacuation
- Hazardous Materials Awareness Level
- Hazardous Materials Incident Response Operations
- Hazardous Materials Operations Level
- Incident Command System
- Incipient Fire Brigade
- Live Fire Training (includes Aircraft/FAA mandate)
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Pre-hospital Emergency Care
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
*CEU's and college credits available for some courses.
The Connecticut Fire Academy is located off Exit 40 (Route 20, Bradley Connector) of Interstate 91. Follow Route 20 West 1.7 miles to the exit for Route 75. Turn right off the exit onto Route 75 North and follow 2.9 miles. Turn left onto North Perimeter Road (see sign for the Connecticut Fire Academy and the New England Air Museum). Continue 1.4 miles to the Academy, which is on your right. Parking is available in the rear of the building.
Employers will realize significant cost savings when considering the return on their investment of time and training funds.
- The comfort and convenience of off-site training at the Connecticut Fire Academy creates an ideal environment for optimal learning.
- The state-of-the-art training grounds offer safe "hands-on" training experiences to imprint learning and strengthen employee skills.
- Instructors link theoretical learning to "real life" application for higher retention rates.
- Program materials are designed for in-class note-taking and post-class review.
- Program scheduling is tied to employer needs and offered on a 24-hour basis.
- Curriculum design and consulting helps employers to effectively track training.
The Business Commitment:
Contact the Training Division at (860) 627-6363 or in-state toll-free 1-877-5CT-FIRE