Candidate Physical Ability Test
Registration will open January 2019
FIRST TIME CANDIDATES:
- Click here for - FULL SESSION INFORMATION
- Or see below under frequently asked questions
- CPAT 2019 registration will open in January 2019 - Close on March 9, 2019
- Please use this: APPLICATION
For all 2019 CPAT Candidates
The CPAT Center opens and the sign-in begins 30 minutes prior to the start time of each listed event. The doors are closed when each session starts. If you arrive after the posted start time and the doors are closed you are late and will not be admitted. The Proctor in Charge determines when candidates are late and their decision is final. If you are late for a test and denied entry you will not be offered a make-up test date. You are responsible to plan for delays caused by traffic accidents or congestion.
Attendance at orientations and practice tests is optional, but highly recommended. If you miss an orientation or practice test you will need to sign our waiver that we offered the event to you and you voluntarily declined to attend. This has no bearing on attending subsequent events.
The CPAT Candidate Preparation Guide is available on our website (www.ct.gov/cfpc). Click on the CPAT link and download the guide.
The CPAT weather cancelation line is (860) 627-6363 Extension 415. (recorded message)
Any questions or issues please email: email@example.com
- Please note $50 dollars of the CPAT fee is a non-refundable processing fee.
- This processing fee will be deducted from all refunds issued.
What is CPAT?
The Candidate Physical Ability Test is a practical exam used to test a candidate's physical ability to perform job tasks related to firefighting. CPAT is a physically demanding test that requires a candidate to use his or her physical, mental abilities and, in some cases, balance. The CPAT involves eight events that must be completed in 10 minutes 20 seconds. The CPAT process is used in the selection of firefighters in participating fire agencies throughout the State of Connecticut.
- CPAT Candidate Preparation Guide
- CPAT Candidate Orientation Guide
- CPAT Information
- CPAT Courses Frequently Asked Questions
When CPAT Registration is open:
- CPAT Cancellation Information
- CPAT Refund Policy
- CPAT Certificate Replacement Policy
- CPAT Certificate Replacement request form
- Please allow up to 5-10 business days for certificate replacement.
- Effective January 1, 2016 - Cash is no longer accepted.
- Click Here for Directions to the Testing Site
- Current List of IAFF/IAFC CPAT License holders: http://www.iaff.org/HS/Well/statelist.htm
- Effective January 1, 2016 CFA no longer accepts cash for registration, transcripts, or certificates.