Candidate Physical Ability Test
Candidate Physical Ability Testing (CPAT)
$175 IN-STATE & $200 OUT OF STATE
Please use the link below to sign up on line.
Click “find more classes” to see the full list.
CPAT Spring 2021 Sessions Update
Registration for the Spring 2021 CPAT sessions opens on Monday, January 25, 2021 and closes on Saturday, March 20, 2021. We’re running 3 sessions per day: 0800; 1000 and 1200, with a maximum of 25 candidates allowed per session to maintain social distancing. In addition, there is a one and done “special session” scheduled for Saturday, May 15, 2021. Closing date for this special session only, is Saturday, May 8, 2021. CPAT special sessions are intended for those who have previously passed CPAT and want to maintain a current CPAT card. They are not intended as a short-cut for first time CPAT candidates. Please direct any questions to Joseph Nadeau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-264-9268.
FIRST TIME CANDIDATES:
- Click here for - FULL SESSION INFORMATION
- Or see below under frequently asked questions
For all 2021 CPAT Candidates
The CPAT Center opens and the sign-in times are 8:00am - 10:00am & 12:00pm. The doors are closed when each session starts. If you arrive after the posted registration time and the doors are closed you are late and will not be admitted. The Proctor in Charge determines when candidates are late and their decision is final. If you are late for a test and denied entry you will not be offered a make-up test date. You are responsible to plan for delays caused by traffic accidents or congestion.
Attendance at orientations and practice tests is optional, but highly recommended. If you miss an orientation or practice test you will need to sign our waiver that we offered the event to you and you voluntarily declined to attend. This has no bearing on attending subsequent events.
The CPAT Candidate Preparation Guide is available on our website (www.ct.gov/cfpc). Click on the CPAT link and download the guide.
The CPAT weather cancelation line is (860) 264-9240. (recorded message)
Any questions or issues please email: email@example.com
- Please note $50 dollars of the CPAT fee is a non-refundable processing fee.
- This processing fee will be deducted from all refunds issued.
(Due to Covid-19, we are waving our processing fee for cancellations until further notice)
What is CPAT?
The Candidate Physical Ability Test is a practical exam used to test a candidate's physical ability to perform job tasks related to firefighting. CPAT is a physically demanding test that requires a candidate to use his or her physical, mental abilities and, in some cases, balance. The CPAT involves eight events that must be completed in 10 minutes 20 seconds. The CPAT process is used in the selection of firefighters in participating fire agencies throughout the State of Connecticut.
- CPAT Candidate Preparation Guide
- CPAT Candidate Orientation Guide
- CPAT Courses Frequently Asked Questions
When CPAT Registration is open:
- CPAT Cancellation Information
- CPAT Refund Policy - see application
- CPAT Certificate Replacement Policy
- CPAT Certificate Replacement request form
- Please allow up to 5-10 business days for certificate replacement.
- Click Here for Directions to the Testing Site
- Current List of IAFF/IAFC CPAT License holders: http://www.iaff.org/HS/Well/statelist.htm
- Effective January 1, 2016 CFA no longer accepts cash for registration, transcripts, or certificates.