Candidate Physical Ability Test
Candidate Physical Ability Testing (CPAT)
CPAT 5-Day Program - $175 IN-STATE & $200 OUT OF STATE
CPAT Special Session - $125 IN-STATE & $150 OUT OF STATE
Please use the link below to sign up on line.
Click “find more classes” to see the full list.
CPAT Spring 2022 Sessions Update
Registration for the Fall 2021 CPAT sessions are now closed. Spring 2022 CPAT registrations will open February 01, 2022. The Orientation sessions for 5-day CPAT will commence the latter part of March 2022 and the first opportunity to test will be in late April 2022. In addition, during the month of May 2022, there will be several “one and done / special sessions” also posted on the web site. CPAT special sessions are intended for those who have previously passed CPAT and want to maintain a current CPAT card. They are not intended as a short-cut for first time CPAT candidates, however, a small percentage of first timers pass the test based on their preparation and training. Please direct any questions to Joseph Nadeau at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-264-9268.
FIRST TIME CANDIDATES:
- Click here for - FULL SESSION INFORMATION
- Or see below under frequently asked questions
For all CPAT Candidates
The CPAT Center opens and the sign-in times are 8:00am – 8:30am & 12:00pm – 12:30p.m. The doors are closed when each session starts. If you arrive after the posted registration time and the doors are closed, you are late and will not be admitted. If you are late for a test and denied entry you will not be offered a make-up test date. You are responsible to plan for delays caused by traffic accidents or congestion.
Attendance at orientations and practice tests is optional, but highly recommended. If you miss an orientation or practice test, you will need to sign a waiver that we offered the event to you and you voluntarily declined to attend. This has no bearing on attending subsequent events.
The CPAT Candidate Preparation Guide is available on our website (www.ct.gov/cfpc). Click on the CPAT link and download the guide.
The CPAT weather cancelation line is (860) 264-9240. (recorded message)
- Registered candidates who wish to withdraw from the CPAT testing process may do so by emailing email@example.com at least two (2) days prior to the candidate’s scheduled session. Requests for refunds will not be considered if less than two (2) days’ notice is given.
- Please note, $50 dollars of the CPAT fee is a non-refundable processing fee which will be deducted from all refunds issued.
What is CPAT?
The Candidate Physical Ability Test is a practical exam used to test a candidate's physical ability to perform job tasks related to firefighting. CPAT is a physically demanding test that requires a candidate to use his or her physical, mental abilities and, in some cases, balance. The CPAT involves eight events that must be completed in 10 minutes 20 seconds. The CPAT process is used in the selection of firefighters in participating fire agencies throughout the State of Connecticut.
When CPAT Registration is open:
- Please allow up to 5-10 business days for certificate replacement.
- Click Here for Directions to the Testing Site
- Current List of IAFF/IAFC CPAT License holders: http://www.iaff.org/HS/Well/statelist.htm
- Effective January 1, 2016 CFA no longer accepts cash for registration, transcripts, or certificates.