Candidate Physical Ability Test
Candidate Physical Ability Testing (CPAT)
CPAT 5-Day Program - $175
CPAT Special Session - $125
Please use the link below to sign up on line.
Use the link below to see the full list.
Connecticut Fire Academy CPAT
Registration for the Fall 2023 CPAT sessions will open July 1st. There are 2 special / one and done sessions scheduled for August 6th and 7th (mornings only) with a limit of 25 openings each day. Orientation sessions for the 5-day CPAT will begin the second week of August.
The CPAT Training Center is located at 2014 North Broad Street in Meriden, CT. Please direct any questions to Joseph Nadeau at 860-264-9268 or email@example.com .
FIRST TIME CANDIDATES:
- Click here for - FULL SESSION INFORMATION
- Or see below under frequently asked questions
For all CPAT Candidates
The CPAT Center opens and the sign-in times are 8:00am – 8:30am & 12:00pm – 12:30p.m. The doors are closed when each session starts. If you arrive after the posted registration time and the doors are closed, you are late and will not be admitted. If you are late for a test and denied entry you will not be offered a make-up test date. You are responsible to plan for delays caused by traffic accidents or congestion.
Attendance at orientations and practice tests is optional, but highly recommended. If you miss an orientation or practice test, you will need to sign a waiver that we offered the event to you and you voluntarily declined to attend. This has no bearing on attending subsequent events.
The CPAT Candidate Preparation Guide is available on our website (www.ct.gov/cfpc). Click on the CPAT link and download the guide.
The CPAT weather cancelation line is (860) 264-9240. (recorded message)
- Registered candidates who wish to withdraw from the CPAT testing process may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least two (2) days prior to the candidate’s scheduled session. Requests for refunds will not be considered if less than two (2) days’ notice is given.
- Please note, $50 dollars of the CPAT fee is a non-refundable processing fee which will be deducted from all refunds issued.
In order to attend ANY CPAT session, a student must be at least 18 yrs of age before the start of the first session. Underage students will be refused entry without any refund. By checking this box I attest that I will be at least 18 yrs old prior to the start of the first session.
What is CPAT?
The Candidate Physical Ability Test is a practical exam used to test a candidate's physical ability to perform job tasks related to firefighting. CPAT is a physically demanding test that requires a candidate to use his or her physical, mental abilities and, in some cases, balance. The CPAT involves eight events that must be completed in 10 minutes 20 seconds. The CPAT process is used in the selection of firefighters in participating fire agencies throughout the State of Connecticut.
- CPAT Candidate Orientation Guide
- CPAT Courses Frequently Asked Questions
Candidate Preparation Guide - see Appendix B
When CPAT Registration is open:
- Please allow up to 5-10 business days for certificate replacement.
- Click Here for Directions to the Testing Site
- Current List of IAFF/IAFC CPAT License holders: http://www.iaff.org/HS/Well/statelist.htm
- Effective January 1, 2016 CFA no longer accepts cash for registration, transcripts, or certificates.