Meeting Notice* and Agenda
The Council on Environmental Quality will meet at 9:30 AM on Wednesday, January 27, 2021.
*This meeting will be conducted remotely, in compliance with Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7B.
Council Members may participate via Zoom on their computers by connecting to:
Join the Zoom Meeting: https://ctdeep.zoom.us/j/96365270321 or
Join by phone: +1 646 876 9923 Meeting ID: 963 6527 0321
• Meeting materials will be posted to the Council’s website in advance of the meeting.
• Persons wishing to comment during the Citizen Comment Period may participate remotely at that time, or they can send their comments to email@example.com who will present them.
1. Call to Order; Establishment of a Quorum
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of December 16, 2020 Minutes
4. Citizen Comment Period**
5. Chair’s Report
6. Citizen Complaints and Inquiries Received
• Tidal Wetlands - loophole
• Update on Stamford complaints
• Innovative initiative in Thompson
7. Executive Director’s Report
• Council’s Legislative Recommendations for 2021
• Updates on Connecticut Coalition for Sustainable Materials Management (CCSMM), Governor’s Council on Climate Change (GC3), Governor’s MOU for Transportation and Climate Initiative, and PURA Final Decision
8. Staff Activities - Progress on Annual Report and ECD revisions.
9. State Agency & Legislative Actions
Coventry Sewer Extension
General Permit Discharge of Stormwater and Dewatering Wastewaters
• Dept. of Agriculture - Karabin Farm
• Connecticut Siting Council:
Petitions: 1438, comments sent; 1439, 1440 - No comments recommended.
• Legislation - Raised Bills of environmental importance.
10. Other Business
**The Citizen Comment Period is reserved for people to make brief comments to the Council regarding topics not on the agenda.