- We post news articles, publications, and important updates on our social media pages. Our social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify (listen to our official podcast), and Mailchimp (sign up for our mailing list).
Visit our Social Media Links page.
CAES in the News
- When The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station is mentioned in the news, we post the links to the articles on our website and social media. We update our CAES in the News page often, check back soon or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Visit our CAES in the News page.
- Our Seminar Series is in full swing from September 2021 to May 2022, learn from our experts and guests about the latest research in their fields, and more! The schedule is on our webpage along with links to watch our recorded seminars.
Visit our Seminar Series page.
- We have a new Lockwood Lecture that will be held Thursday, June 23, 2022.
Visit our Lockwood Lectures page.
- The Station employs approximately 92 full time Scientists, Technicians, and Support Staff. The Station hires approximately 50 Summer Research Assistants to assist Station Scientists in our laboratories between May 1 and October 31 each year. Station employment opportunities are advertised in the New Haven Register, Connecticut Post, and the Hartford Courant. The CAES is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. See open positions on our webpage below.
Visit our Job Opportunities page.
Podcasts and Videos
- Watch episodes of The CAES's official Coast & Country podcast on YouTube and Spotify. Our most recent episode, "CAES Podcast with Dr. Marra - Beech Leaf Disease" was published on February 3, 2022.
Visit our Podcasts and Videos page.
- The fact sheet, "Jumping Worms in Connecticut" was updated in April 2022 by Dr. Gale E. Ridge.
- Two new fact sheets were published in January 2022 by Dr. Jatinder S. Aulakh: Horseweed (Conyza canadensis) Identification and Control in Christmas Trees and Nonselective Tank-Mix Partners for Controlling Emerged Weeds at Spring Preemergence Treatment
Visit our Fact Sheet page.
How to Register Your Apiary Using eLicense
- Watch Dr. Victoria Smith's eLicense registration tutorial on YouTube for CT beekeepers: https://youtu.be/nQLq76MjkT0
Visit our Inspections and Registrations page.
Forest Health Monitoring Workshop
- This year's workshop was held virtually on Tuesday, March 8, 2022. The agenda and YouTube link are posted on our webpage below.
Visit our Forest Health Monitoring Workshop 2022 page.
Record of the Year
- The CAES's Record of the Year 2020-2021 is available now! It includes an overview of changes to our staff, the first virtual Plant Science Day, our community involvement, staff awards, new research discoveries, and a list of our publications.
Visit our Record of the Year page.
- We publish press releases whenever we have important updates to share with the public.
Visit our Press Release page.