Fuel cells from Connecticut powered technologies on NASA's Apollo and Space Shuttle missions since the 1960s. Today, the state is one of the global centers for green energy innovation.
- Connecticut is a global leader in fuel cells, named a “Top 3 State” by the U.S. Department of Energy (State of the States: Fuel Cells in America, 2016)
- The 600+ companies in Connecticut's fuel cell and hydrogen supply chain realized $726 million in revenue and investment in 2015. (State of the States: Fuel Cells in America, 2016)
- Connecticut ranks 5th in the nation in total fuel cell patents. (Clean Energy Patent Growth Index, 2015 Year in Review)
- Connecticut is home to the nation’s first green bank. The Connecticut Green Bank accelerates green energy adoption by making green energy financing accessible and affordable for homeowners, businesses and institutions.
- Connecticut has 23,000 homes with solar PV amounting to nearly 175 MW of clean energy capacity (Connecticut Green Bank)
- Dexmet Corporation
- Fuel Cell Energy Inc.
- Praxair Inc.
- Precision Combustion Inc.
- Proton OnSite