Bureau of Disability Determination Services
Disability Determination Services (DDS) is
the state agency that determines the medical eligibility of Connecticut
residents who have applied for cash benefits under the disability programs
administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA). In accordance with
Social Security rules and regulations, DDS determines eligibility for two
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Applying for Benefits
All applications must be
submitted through the Social Security Administration. There are several ways to
apply for benefits:
- Visit the SSA website at www.ssa.gov to
- Call or visit any Social Security office to schedule an appointment. You can
locate the SSA field office closest to you via this link, https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp
- Contact SSA toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
- If you think you may be eligible
for Social Security disability benefits, call the Social Security Administration
at 1-800-772-1213 or www.ssa.gov to file a
claim or for more information.
- If you have already filed a disability claim with Social Security, you may
contact DDS at 1-800-842-8320 about the processing of your claim.