The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Advocates' Corner provides information and resources to Connecticut Citizens with intellectual disabilities, their families and professionals. This website focuses on, self advocacy, independent living, employment and health and safety for individuals.
- Live, learn, work and enjoy community life in places where they can use their personal strengths, talents and passions.
- Have safe, meaningful and empowering relationships.
- Have families who feel supported from the earliest years and throughout their lifetimes.
- Have lifelong opportunities and the assistance to learn things that matter to them.
- Make informed choices and take responsibility for their lives and experience the dignity of risk.
- Earn money to facilitate personal choices.
- Know their rights and responsibilities and pursue opportunities to live the life they choose.