Relevant State Laws
- The Connecticut Data Privacy Act (“CTDPA”), Public Act No. 22-15
- The Connecticut Data Breach Notification Act, Conn. Gen. Stat. § 36a-701b
- The Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act (“CUTPA”), Conn. Gen. Stat. §§ 42-110a et seq.
- The “Social Security Number” Law, Conn. Gen. Stat. § 42-470
- The “Safeguards” Law, Conn. Gen. Stat. § 42-471
- The “Safe Harbor” Law, Conn. Gen. Stat. § 42-901
Report a Data Breach
Report a data breach using the Office’s online submission form here.
Data Security Resources
- Connecticut Cybersecurity Resource Page
- Cybersecurity for Small Business | Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov)
- Cybersecurity Resources for Non-Profits | Consumer Advice (ftc.gov)
The Connecticut Data Privacy Act
Learn more about the Connecticut Data Privacy Act here.
Privacy and Data Security Section
165 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106