The Office of the Attorney General is currently closed to the Public. Click here for more information

Health Issues

Page 2 of 2

  • Environmental Health

    Information and references for Asbestos Abatement, Lead Poisoning, Radon Exposure, Indoor Air Quality, and Mold

  • Health Care Complaints

    Consumer Guide to DPH's Complaint Investigation and Hearing Process. Consumers and their families may file complaints about health care providers with the Connecticut Department of Public Health.

  • Health Care Laws

    The Public Health Code is a compilation of the regulations that pertain specifically to the Department of Public Health. It is mandated pursuant to Section 19a-36 of the General Statutes of Connecticut. The Public Health Code is a valuable public health resource.

  • How to Find Mental Health Services

    This link will take you to the State of Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services website. DMHAS-funded and operated mental health and addiction services are organized on a regional level, providing easy access, responsive emergency care, continuity of care between different agencies, and client/family/advocate involvement.

  • Husky Program - Healthcare for Uninsured Kids & Youth

    Nothing is more important than the health of your child. Every young person should have a doctor, a dentist, and other important health services. This website will give you the basic information. Our friendly HUSKY customer service representatives will tell you the rest.

  • Medline

    MedlinePlus will direct you to information to help answer health questions. MedlinePlus brings together authoritative information from the National Institutes of Health, and other government agencies and health-related organizations. Preformulated MEDLINE searches are included in MedlinePlus and give easy access to medical journal articles. MedlinePlus also has extensive information about drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials, and latest health news.

  • Physician Profiles: Professional Background Information is Available Here for all Connecticut-Licensed Physicians

    This website has been created to provide you with extensive information about Connecticut-licensed physicians. The Department of Public Health is committed to providing valuable healthcare information and we hope this website will be helpful to you.

  • Senior Services

    Provides resource links for Senior Citizens regarding health, aging, and other services.

  • Your Rights Under HIPAA

    You have privacy rights under a federal law that protects your health information. These rights are important for you to know. You can exercise these rights, ask questions about them, and file a complaint if you think your rights are being denied or your health information isn't being protected.

  • Nursing Homes Information

    Nursing homes are licensed by the Department of Public Health which also certifies the homes for participation in the Medicaid program. Use the links on this page to find out information about a nursing home and to file a complaint with the Department of Public Health. The Long Term Care Ombudsman also investigates complaints and advocates on behalf of nursing home residents. Updates on litigation involving nursing homes brought by my office are also provided on this page.

  • Service Animals and the ADA – Questions and Answers

    Commonly asked questions about service animals in places of business, offered by the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division, Disability Rights Section.

  • Child Day Care Licensing Program

    Provides information about child day care services in Connecticut, including state laws and regulations. The Division of Community Based Regulation is responsible for licensing child day care facilities in Connecticut. Licensing assures that those programs that are licensed have achieved at least the minimum standards required by law to meet the health, educational and social needs of children utilizing those services.

  • Child Day Care Services Complaints

    You can contact the Office of Early Childhood complaint phone line by dialing: 1-800-282-6063. Complaints concerning child abuse or neglect should be reported immediately to the Department of Children and Families HOTLINE at 1-800-842-2288 and to Office of Early Childhood.

  • Appointment of Health Care Representative (PDF-12KB)

    Use this form if you wish to only appoint a health care representative to make health care decisions on your behalf when you are unable to do so.