Meeting Date and Time: November 2nd, 2021, 10:00am -11am
Meeting Type: Special Meeting of the Social Equity Council
Meeting Location: Legislative Office Building (LOB), Hearing Room 1D 300 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106
Chair: Andrea Comer
CT-N streamed the meeting. To view, visit: https://ct-n.com - for this specific link: https://ct-n.com/ctnplayer.asp?odID=19066
1) Call to order and welcome
3) Approval of Meeting Minutes (10/5/2021)
4) Committee Reports Only
- Finance Committee Christine Shaw, Chair
- Governance Committee Ojala Naeem, Chair
- Outreach Committee Marilyn Alverio & Subira Gordon, Co-Chairs
- Policy Committee Edwin Shirley, Chair
- Workforce Committee Kelli-Marie Valleries, Chair
5) From the Executive Director Ginne-Rae Clay, Interim Executive Director
6) Presentation I Scheril Murray Powell, Esq.
CANNABIS EQUITY VERIFICATION
7) Presentation II Rick Garza, Colorado
CANNABIS MARKET OVER SUPPLY
Mr. Garza will give a snapshot of what the adult use market looked like in Washington when it first began. Namely, he will speak to the volume of applicants and how Washington initially experienced over-saturation of the market, had to stop accepting applications, and how over-saturation can stymie opportunity. (Note: after talking to Mr. Garza, it is believed CT is going to see a significant volume on the application front.)
8) Public Speaking - Members of the public that wish to address the Social Equity Council my participate in the public speaking period must do so in person and sign up before 9:50 A.M.
- Members of the public must state their name and address for the record.
- Members of the public will be given three (3) minutes per person for question/comment and response from the Council
- Public comment period will be at 30 minutes minimum on this date
9) For the Good of the Order – New Business, Updates and Information