All key employees must submit to a local and national criminal history records check as part of the application process.
Below is a list of companies that are in compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and accredited by the Professional Background Screening Association that provide criminal background screening services for employees seeking licensure under CT General Statutes 12-859. Costs may vary by company.
- Hire Image LLC
Phone: (888) 433-0090
Note that foreign applicants should put 111-11-1111 for a social security number
If you submit to a criminal background check by a service provider other than those identified above, the Department of Consumer Protection may accept reports from companies that meet the following requirements:
- The background screening company must be in compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- The background screening company must be accredited by the Professional Background Screening Association.
- The search performed by the background screening company must include multistate and multijurisdictional record locators.
- The search must be conducted for a 10-year period.
- The report must be sent directly from the background screening company to the Department of Consumer Protection.
- The report must be conducted on or after the date of the applicant’s application.
- The background screening company must conduct a comparable search to one that includes the following:
- Address and social security number trace
- State and county searches for places of residence
- State and county search for places of employment, including both the location of the company’s headquarters as well as the location of the office where the applicant physically worked
- State and county search for places the applicant holds professional credentials
- State and country search for places revealed in the address and social security number trace
- Nationwide criminal database alias search (multijurisdictional)
- Federal criminal search (all jurisdictions)
Criminal Background Check Providers: If you are a background screening company in compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and accredited by the Professional Background Screening Association and would like to be added to the Department’s list of providers, please contact DCP.Legal@ct.gov for more information.