Reporting Losses

Producers who have experienced losses due to the heavy rainfall and flood water in July 2023 are asked to report estimated losses to the CT Department of Agriculture.

Report July 2023 Crop Loss

TIP: Farmers should assess damages field by field and crop by crop. If you have questions, you can contact your local Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Office.   

TIP: Watch for crop loss report forms in CT Department of Agriculture’s CT Weekly Ag Report following weather events. By submitting your data, you assist us in collecting the necessary information for the Governor to submit a request for a disaster declaration from USDA.

Upon approval of a secretarial disaster declaration, farmers will have eight months from the date of the declaration to apply for emergency loans.

The Farm Service Agency considers each emergency loan application on its own merits, taking into account the extent of production losses on the farm and the security and repayment ability of the operator. Farmers interested in applying for the assistance must contact their local Farm Service Agency office.