Voting Rights Information

Voting rights are the bedrock of our democracy. In order to ensure as many Connecticut citizens can vote as possible, the Commission is putting together resources to help make sure your vote counts. 


Register to Vote

Before you can vote, you must be registered. To check if you are registered, use the state's Voter Registration Lookup Tool. If you are not registered,  registration can be done online (online registration is not available in the week before an election). If you are not registered and online registration is not available, election day voting can be done in each town, but not at every polling location. You can find your town's Election Day Registration locations here. For more information about voting in your town, contact your local registrar of voters.


Information on Voting during the Covid-19 Pandemic

The Connecticut Secretary of State has put together information on how voting in Connecticut will be impacted by the Covid-19 Pandemic. 

All voters are eligible to vote by absentee ballot in the general election held on November 3, 2020 due to the COVID-19, pursuant to Public Act 20-03 July Spec. Sess. More information can be found at or below.

Each town will have at least one secure dropbox in which voters can drop off their absentee ballots if they choose not to enter town hall. Absentee ballots can also be mailed, but all absentee ballots must be received by 8:00pm on Election Day, November 3, 2020.


Your Voting Rights

It is important to understand your voting rights and when they may have been violated. For more information on your rights, see the information below:


What to Do If Your Voting Rights Have Been Violated

If you believe your voting rights have been violated, first notify the moderator of your polling location that there has been a violation before you leave. You can then file a complaint with the State Elections Enforcement Commission online or by calling 1-866-733-2463. If you believe your voting rights have been violated based on discrimination against your protected class, you can contact your local CHRO office to file a complaint of discrimination.

No Results Found