What if you need help quickly:

If you need immediate help to stop a serious problem (such as a landlord/agent has started an eviction action against you), CHRO may be able to assist you as soon as you file a complaint. CHRO may go to court to seek temporary or preliminary relief, before your complaint is fully resolved through the complaint process if:

  • Irreparable harm is likely to occur without such intervention,
  • There is substantial evidence that a violation of Fair Housing Law has occurred.

For Example: A builder agrees to sell you a house but, after learning you are disabled, fails to keep the agreement. You file a complaint with CHRO. We then may go to court to prevent a sale to any other buyer until we complete the investigation.