NOTICE: TRB Medicare Open Enrollment begins October 15, 2019. The Enrollment Meeting Schedule was last updated on 10/11/2019. Click here for more information. TRB Medicare Open Enrollment 2020

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How do I change my tax withholding?

Federal IRS Withholdings:

You may change your federal tax election at any time by completing CTRB's Federal Tax Withholding Change Form and submitting it to this office.

If you would like to get an idea of what your federal withholding amount will be based on your marital status and number of withholding allowances, you may refer to the IRS Publication 15 (Circular E).  Please note, the actual amount of your withholding may differ very slightly from the table since CTRB uses the "percentage method" of withholding.  

The Internal Revenue Service also offers a convenient online planning tool called the IRS Withholding Calculator.  The purpose of this computer program is to help ensure that you do not have too much or too little income tax withheld from your pay.  Many people will find it more accurate and easier to use than the worksheets that accompany Form W-4P.  You may use the results of this program to determine if you should adjust the amount of your withholding.  

Connecticut DRS Withholdings:

You may change your Connecticut state tax election at any time by completing CTRB's Connecticut Tax Withholding Change Form CT-W4P and submitting it to this office.

The State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (DRS) also offers a tool called the Pension or Annuity Withholding Calculator to facilitate you with calculating your monthly Connecticut income tax withholding.