NOTICE: TRB Medicare Open Enrollment begins October 15, 2019. The Enrollment Meeting Schedule was last updated on 10/11/2019. Click here for more information. TRB Medicare Open Enrollment 2020


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What happens to my benefits if I become divorced?

A court may order that your former spouse receives a portion of your retirement benefits.  This can only be accomplished if a copy of the court order or judgment is filed and approved by the Teachers' Retirement Board. Such an order is commonly known as a Domestic Relations Order (DRO) and the former spouse is referred to as an Alternate Payee.  For further information, you should obtain the Divorce and CTRB Benefit Bulletin (PDF 24KB) and a Domestic Relations Order Sample (PDF 33KB).