The Connecticut State Department of Education, Bureau of Special Education (BSE), implemented a new Individualized Education Program (IEP) document and the Special Education Data System (CT-SEDS) in the 2022-23 school year. This page will provide up-to-date information, documents and tools to assist in the roll-out of the new IEP.
CT-SEDS and IEP Quality Training and Support
- 2023-24 Help Desk Access and Training Supports
- 2023-24 IEP Quality and CT-SEDS Proficiency Training
- PCG Webinar Training July-September 2023
Connecticut Special Education Data System (CT-SEDS)
- CT-SEDS Rollout Plan Considerations for Special Education Directors
- CT-SEDS Frequently Asked Questions, volume 1
- CT-SEDS Frequently Asked Questions, volume 2
- CT-SEDS Document Migration Instructions
- CT-SEDS Batch Upload Spreadsheet
In September 2020, the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) entered into a partnership with the Public Consulting Group (PCG) to support its goals and vision of developing a comprehensive statewide Special Education Data System (CT-SEDS) to make available to all of its local school district partners in 2022. CT-SEDS adaptive electronic Individual Education Program (IEP) document is being designed to improve format and flow of information with intuitive, easy to use displays. The new system will include a parent portal for families to access their student’s IEP and other important information as well as a language translation feature to ensure that parents receive information in their native language. The new and improved document will also assist planning and placement teams (PPTs) in navigating the special education process, leading to the development of high quality IEPs for Connecticut’s students.
- New IEP Template Form (Updated August 2021)
- Side-by-Side Comparison of the Current Connecticut IEP and the New IEP
- New IEP - Supplementary Aids and Services
- Draft 504 (June 2022)
CT-SEDS Preview Series
The CSDE developed a series of Preview Training Sessions that were released, recorded, and posted prior to the launch. The goal of this series is to provide our educators with a preview of how CT-SEDS will support various processes. These resources can be accessed prior to and after the launch of CT-SEDS on July 1, 2022. Each topic includes a brief recorded video and a corresponding PowerPoint slide deck that are downloadable.
CT-SEDS Administrator Training
This session is designed for System Administrators (not direct service providers). The session covers the following topics: Managing your District Site, Managing Students, Managing Data, Service Documentation, and Managing Support