The Connecticut State Department of Education, Bureau of Special Education (BSE), is planning to implement a new Individualized Education Program (IEP) document and the Special Education Data System (CT-SEDS) in the 2022-23 school year. This page will provide up-to-date information, documents and tools to assist in the roll-out of the new IEP.
IEP Quality Training
- New IEP Quality Training website (September 15, 2021)
Connecticut Special Education Data System (CT-SEDS)
- CT-SEDS Frequently Asked Questions, volume 1
- CT-SEDS Frequently Asked Questions, volume 2
- CT-SEDS Document Migration Instructions
- CT-SEDS Batch Upload Spreadsheet
In September 2020, the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) entered into a partnership with the Public Consulting Group (PCG) to support its goals and vision of developing a comprehensive statewide Special Education Data System (CT-SEDS) to make available to all of its local school district partners in 2022. CT-SEDS adaptive electronic Individual Education Program (IEP) document is being designed to improve format and flow of information with intuitive, easy to use displays. The new system will include a parent portal for families to access their student’s IEP and other important information as well as a language translation feature to ensure that parents receive information in their native language. The new and improved document will also assist planning and placement teams (PPTs) in navigating the special education process, leading to the development of high quality IEPs for Connecticut’s students.
- New IEP Template Form (Updated August 2021)
- IEP/CT-SEDS Action Planning Template (for district planning of training, data migration, communication)
CSDE/RESC District Planning Sessions for CT-SEDS Implementation (May 25, 27 and June 2, 2021)