CT State Advisory Council for Special Education
Under the authority of 34 Code of Federal Regulations 300.167 and Section 10-76i of the Connecticut General Statutes, the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) maintains an Advisory Council for the purpose of providing policy guidance with respect to special education and related services for children and youth with disabilities (ages 3 years to 21 years) in the state. Review the current State Advisory Council (SAC) membership.
- Advise the CSDE of unmet needs in educating children with disabilities;
- Review periodically the laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines pertaining to special education and recommend any changes which it finds necessary;
- Comment publicly on any new or revised regulations, standards and guidelines proposed for issuance;
- Advise the CSDE in developing corrective action plans to address findings identified in Federal monitoring reports under Part B of the Act;
- Advise the CSDE in developing and implementing policies relating to the coordination of services for children with disabilities;
- Participate with the State BOE in the development of any state plan for provision of special education;
- Comment publicly on any procedures necessary for distributing federal funds;
- Assist the CSDE in developing and reporting such data and evaluations as may be conducted pursuant to the provisions of said act;
- Report to the General Assembly concerning recommendation for effecting changes in the special education laws;
- Review Due Process Hearing data and discuss findings and decisions; and
- Receive information regarding the provision of FAPE.
2022-23 Meeting Schedule (Public participation is encouraged)
- November 30, 2022, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- January 11, 2023, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Snow date: January 18, 2023)
- April 26, 2023, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- September 28, 2022, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- October 26, 2022, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- February 22, 2023, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- March 29, 2023, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.