- National Hispanic Heritage Month: Ideas for Teachers The ADL provides 9 lesson plans on various topics within the Hispanic community and provides background content for teachers on how Hispanic Heritage Month was first observed by Lyndon B. Johnson.
Centro: The Center for Puerto Rican Studies
- Puerto Ricans in Connecticut: 2010-2016 The Center for Puerto Rican Studies offers data sheets on Puerto Ricans in Connecticut and throughout the country. Centro’s primary focus is to the study and interpretation of the Puerto Rican experience in the United States.
The Hispanic Museum and Library
- The Hispanic Museum and Library provides digital access to their collections, rare books, and manuscripts. This site offers extensive resources for those interested in the history and culture of Spain, Portugal and the Americas.
Latin American Network Information Center (LANIC)
- LANIC offers various resources to primary and secondary school teachers about Latin America’s economy, recreation, science, society, culture, and more. Based out of the University of Texas at Austin, this online database is designed to organize information effectively.
National Education Association
- National Hispanic Heritage Month: The National Education Association provides lessons, activities, and videos for the K-12 level for National Hispanic Heritage Month. This site also provides teaching strategies, classroom management, advice, and support.
National Hispanic Heritage Month
- National Hispanic Heritage Month offers online exhibits, collections, and links to selected resources for teachers. This site is a collaborative project of the Library of Congress, the National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian Institution, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
National Park Service
- Hispanic Heritage Teacher Resources: The National Register’s “Teaching with Historic Places” lesson plans along with resources from the National Park Service give teachers 9 lesson plans about historical Hispanic places in the United States.
- Current Hispanic or Latino Population in Connecticut in 2018/2019: Suburban Stats offers a thorough breakdown of Hispanics in Connecticut through their population demographics and statistics. Teachers also have the option to analyze Hispanic or Latino demographics in other states.
United States Census Bureau
- Hispanic Origin Data Tables: The United States Census Bureau offers a wide range of statistics on Hispanic population in the United States from 1940-2019.