Engaging communities is an essential step in the conversion from a traditional, time-based system to a personalized, competency-based one. The following resources may be helpful to developing a community engagement strategy and communications capacity.
- Parent brochure
- Article by Tom Rooney, Superintendent of Lindsay Unified (April 2015)
- Innovative Public Schools offers a Parent Guide for competency education.
- Scarborough School Department uses a Community Dialogue structure
- Rochester Schools Guide for Parents
- How state reform in New Hampshire led to teacher autonomy, EdSurge, April 4, 2017