Families and Educators
- Chapter 10: Ensuring Meaningful Communication with Limited English Proficient Parents
The English Learner Tool Kit helps state and local education agencies help English Learners by fulfilling legal obligations under civil rights laws.
- Connecticut English Language Proficiency (CELP) Standards Information for Parents, Families and Community Members
Provides information about the CELP standards and what they mean for students.
- English Learners Brochure [Arabic] [Mandarin Chinese] [English] [Haitian Creole] [Polish] [Portuguese] [Spanish]
Provides families with information about identification, eligibility, programing and parent participation.
- English Learners and State Assessments Brochure [Arabic] [Mandarin Chinese] [English] [Haitian Creole] [Polish] [Portuguese] [Spanish]
Provides information about supports available specifically for ELs on Connecticut state assessments.
- 4 Ways to Support your English Learner at Home Bookmark [Arabic] [Mandarin Chinese] [English] [Haitian Creole] [Polish] [Portuguese] [Spanish]
- Connecticut Family Guide to Supporting English Learners [English] [Spanish]
This guide provides families with information to support their children as they learn English, answers to frequently asked questions, web resources, and English language development Web sites.
United States Department of Education
- New: U.S. Department of Education English Learner Resources
- Dear Colleague Letter: Student Enrollment Practices (5/8/14)
- Dear Colleague Letter: OCR/DOJ Letter on Common Civil Rights Issues Pertaining to ELs, Dually Identified Students and Communicating with Parents (1/7/15)
- Office of English Language Acquisition Homepage
- English Learner Toolkit
- CCSSO English Learners with Disabilities Guide (11/17)
- Education Commission of the States
- Identifying and Supporting English Learner Students with Learning Disabilities: Key Issues in the Literature and State Practice
- Institute of Education Sciences Regional Education Laboratories (REL)
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition
- REL-NEI ELL Alliance
- REL Northeast and Islands
- REL northwest for EL articles and research studies
- Time to Reclassification: How Long Does It Take English Language Learners in the Washington Road Map School Districts To Develop English Proficiency?
- Understanding Language Initiative