Teachers & Administrators
Archived Connecticut Music Resources
- Connecticut Curriculum Trace Maps - Music
- 1998 Connecticut Music Standards
Other Sample Lesson Plans
- NAfME has sample lesson plans and much more available for your use.
- Music K-8 has some interesting elementary lesson ideas.
- There are interesting resources on Kids.gov.
- The Smithsonian site has music lessons from all over the world.
- The OER Commons have a large collection of lesson plans for grades K-12.
- Annenberg Learner is a place where there is a great deal of information on the arts available in many media platforms.
- The Department of Defense Education Activity site has a great deal of resources for teaching and learning music.
Teaching Music in Connecticut
- Connecticut Music Educators Association (CMEA)
- National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
- American String Teachers Association (ASTA)
- Connecticut American Orff Schulwerk Association
- Connecticut State Music Teachers Association (Private Lesson Instruction)
Professional Development Opportunities
- UCONN Summer Music Program
- Hartt Summer Music Education Offerings
- Connecticut Arts Administrators Association Summer Arts Institute
- HOT Schools Summer Institute
Parent, Student and Community Resources
- Connecticut Music Educators Association - Music festivals and All State information
- Music Lesson Resource - How to find the perfect private music instructor.
- This is Your Brain. This is Your Brain on Music - Music and its effect o the human brain.
- Annenberg Learner
- Department of Defense Education Activity